Occasional blogging, mostly of the long-form variety.

Friday, July 11, 2008

Stop the Presses!

I was just scanning over Yahoo's top news stories, and saw this:


Wow! The president's going to face war crime charges?!? When did this happen? I mean, there's ample cause, but given the despicable voting on FISA and telecom immunity, and the Democratic leadership's reluctance to bring contempt charges against former Bush officials, what brought on this sudden integrity and backbone? I mean…


…Oh, never mind.

(Cross-posted at The Blue Herald)

5 comments:

libhom said...

I was thinking along similar lines when I saw those news stories.

Jay Allbritton said...

Had me going there... We'll get him next time. Oh wait. We won't.

Mark Prime (tpm/Confession Zero) said...

Bush can only travel to certain countries (along with many of his former and present cabinet) or the headlines could read just that... but in our own beloved country we have better things to do...Like destroy the constitution and watch a complicit congress and media smooth over the idiocy coming from McCain's and Bush's mouths. Oh. That and watch the new season of "fill in the blank" on the ol' zombifying tube.

Mark Prime (tpm/Confession Zero) said...

Speaking of tubes... Bat, have I asked you to contribute to The Peace Tree? If so and you sent a rejection letter I apologize for the repeat question... if not... how about I do that? There are wide open spaces- No. Slots (of the non-gambling variety) on Monday AM, Tuesday at 6pm, & Friday midnight to noon... If you could it would be very well received and if you can't- well, it would be poorly received yet understandable. :>)

What say thee/thou?

Let me know- prime63@cox.net

Anonymous said...

War crimes are committed by other, preferably brown, people. Not Americans. We are too virtuous.